Vetiver 15 mL Vetiveria zizanoides
Vetiver, a member of the grass family, is grown for many reasons. Unlike other grasses, the root system of Vetiver grows down, making it ideal for helping to prevent erosion and providing soil stabilization. Vetiver has a rich and complex aroma that is used extensively in perfumes. Due to Vetiver’s calming, grounding effect on the emotions, it is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy. It can also be rubbed on the feet before bedtime to promote a restful night’s sleep. When taken internally, Vetiver can support a healthy immune system. Vetiver’s woody, earthy scent complements many other essential oils such as Lavender. Vetiver also has many beneficial uses and can be used for relaxation. This pleasant soft oil is loved for its exotic aroma and is used frequently in perfumes as a base note and fixative. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Benefits of Vetiver
- Calming, grounding effect on emotions
- Immune-supporting properties
- Rich in sesquiterpenes, giving it a grounding effect
- Used in many popular perfumes
- Add 1–2 drops to tea or hot drinks during winter time to promote immune-supporting properties.
- Use as a massage oil to calm emotions.
- Take a warm bath with a few drops in for deep relaxation.
- Diffuse with Lavender, doTERRA Serenity®, or doTERRA Balance® to calm emotions and lessen stress.
- Use a toothpick to help get the desired amount out of the container if it’s too thick to get out of the bottle. A little goes a long way.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Aromatic Description: Sweet, woody, caramel, smoky