Thyme 15 mL Thymus vulgaris
Thought to impart courage to its bearer, Thyme was given to knights and warriors before they went into battle by ladies of the Middle Ages. During this same period, this warm and floral oil was often placed beneath pillows to help promote a peaceful sleep and to ward off nightmares. The ancient Greeks used Thyme in their baths and burned it as an incense in their temples while the Egyptians used it in their embalming rites. Today, Thyme is commonly used as a seasoning, but it also produces a potent essential oil that has cleansing and purifying effects for the skin; however, due to its high thymol content, Thyme should be diluted with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil before application. Thyme has a specific chemistry that supports a healthy immune system. Thyme, familiar to most as a common seasoning for cooking, produces an essential oil that has valuable cleansing and clarifying properties. It is also notable for supporting a healthy immune system. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use. Dilute if applied topically.
Benefits of Thyme
- Cleansing and purifying effect on the skin
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Naturally repels insects
- Add 2 drops to veggie capsules and take during winter time to support a healthy immune system.
- Use when gardening to naturally repel insects.
- Use 1–2 drops in meat and entrée dishes to add a fresh herbal flavor.
- Dilute with Fractionated Coconut Oil then apply to targeted areas of the skin to purify and promote healthy-looking skin.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.