Peppermint 15 mL Mentha piperita
The peppermint plant is a hybrid of watermint and spearmint and was first described by Carl Linnaeus in 1753. A high menthol content, like that found in the doTERRA Peppermint essential oil, distinguishes the best quality Peppermint from other products. Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum for oral hygiene, Peppermint also helps alleviate occasional stomach upset and promotes healthy respiratory function. Peppermint is popular in countless forms, from toothpaste to chewing gum. As an essential oil, it is useful to ease breathing and as a digestive aid. This fresh herbaceous oil continues to be one of the best-selling favorites among doTERRA essential oils and the high content an purity sets it apart from contenders when it comes to quality. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Benefits of Peppermint
- Promotes healthy respiratory function and clear breathing
- Promotes digestive health
- Repels bugs naturally
- Alleviates stomach upset
- Frequently used in toothpaste and chewing gum
- Use a drop of Peppermint with Lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Take one to two drops in a Veggie Capsule to alleviate occasional stomach upset.
- Add two to three drops to your favorite smoothie recipe for a refreshing twist.
- Place one drop in the palm of the hand with one drop Wild Orange and one drop Frankincense and inhale for a mid-day pick-me-up.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivities
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Whole Plant8-Cineole
Main Constituents: Menthol, Menthone, 1,8-Cineole