Melaleuca (Tea Tree) 15 mL Melaleuca alternifolia
Melaleuca essential oil has over 92 different compounds and limitless applications. The leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries, they would crush the leaves and inhale the oil to promote feelings of clear breathing and apply the leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. Melaleuca is best known for its purifying properties and it can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and also to support a healthy complexion. Taken internally, Melaleuca promotes healthy immune function and can be used on surfaces throughout the home to protect against environmental threats. Melaleuca is frequently used on occasional skin irritations to soothe the skin and diffusing will help purify and freshen the air. Recognized by its more common name “tea tree”, Melaleuca has been revered for its helpful properties, especially for the skin. Composed of more than ninety different compounds it has limitless applications. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Benefits of Melaleuca
- Renowned for its cleansing and rejuvenating effect on the skin
- Promotes healthy immune function
- Protects against environmental and seasonal threats
- For occasional skin irritations, apply 1–2 drops of essential oil onto the affected area.
- Add 1–2 drops to water, citrus drinks, or veggie caps to support healthy immune system function.
- Combine 1–2 drops with your facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keeps nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use on surfaces to protect against environmental threats.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Aromatic Description: Herbaceous, green, leathery
Collection Method: Steam Distillation
Plant Part: Leaf
Main Constituents: Terpinen-4-ol, y-terpinene#
Cautions: Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.