Marjoram 15mL Origanum majorana
Also known as “wintersweet” or “joy of the mountains,” Marjoram was known to the Greeks and Romans as a symbol of happiness. Marjoram has been used in culinary dishes, imparting a unique flavor to soups, stews, dressings, and sauces: in Germany, this herb is known as the “Goose Herb” for its traditional use in roasting geese. In modern applications, Marjoram is valued for its calming properties and its positive effect on the nervous system and additionally supports both healthy cardiovascular and immune systems. Marjoram is one of the most common herbs found in kitchens around the world. Valued for its calming properties this warm essential oil may be added to a soothing massage blend for targeting tired, stressed muscles. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use.
Benefits of Majoram
- Valued for its calming properties and positive effect on the nervous system
- Supports a healthy immune system
- May promote a healthy cardiovascular system
- Apply to the back of the neck to lessen feelings of stress.
- Apply to a fussy child’s feet prior to a nap.
- Replace Marjoram essential oil in your next recipe that calls for dried Marjoram. Usually, 1 drop of essential oil is equivalent to 2 tsp. of dried herbs.
- Apply to muscles before and after exercising.