Lemongrass 15 mL Cymbopogon flexuosus
A tall, perennial plant, Lemongrass has a subtle citrus flavor and is used in Asian cuisine in soups, teas, and curries as well as with fish, poultry, beef, and seafood. In addition to its unique flavor, Lemongrass essential oil promotes healthy digestion and acts as an overall tonic to the body’s systems. It can also be used for purifying and toning to the skin and is frequently used in skin care products for these benefits. Lemongrass is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy and has a pungent, herbaceous aroma that can heighten awareness and promote a positive outlook. Lemongrass has long been used in Asian and Caribbean cooking due to its subtle lemony flavor and aroma. It has also been found to support healthy digestion. For aromatic, topical, or dietary use. Dilute if applied topically. A favorite oil for massages, Lemongrass provides a pungent, smoky aroma, and offers purifying and toning benefits for the skin.
Benefits of Lemongrass
- Supports healthy digestion when taken in a capsule
- Combine with a carrier oil for soothing massage
- Apply diluted after a long run for a refreshing feeling
- Naturally repels insects
- Combine equal parts Fractionated Coconut Oil and Lemongrass oil for a massage after a hard workout.
- Use to flavor entrées and meat dishes while promoting healthy digestion.
- Blends well with Basil, Cardamom, or Spearmint.
- Dilute oil, then rub or spritz on skin before going outside.
- Naturally repels insects.
Directions for Use