Ginger 15 mL Zingiber officinale
Newly sourced from Madagascar, doTERRA Ginger essential oil is derived from the fresh rhizome of the plant, the subterranean stalk of a plant that shoots out the root system. Studies have been conducted on Ginger for its common effect on joint health; however, it’s best known as a digestive aid and for helping to ease occasional indigestion and nausea. A featured ingredient in many Asian dishes, Ginger has a hot, fragrant flavor when used as a kitchen spice. In Western tradition, Ginger is most often used in sweets such as gingerbread and ginger snaps. This hot and earthy essential oil can also be applied topically or inhaled to help reduce feelings of nausea. Although it is an indispensable component of worldwide cuisine, Ginger’s sweet, citrus fragrance accompanies a multitude of other therapeutic benefits. When used as a kitchen spice, the hot, earthy nature adds flavor to a variety of dishes and may help to support healthy digestion. For topical, aromatic, or dietary use.
Benefits of Ginger
- Can help to support healthy digestion
- Can help to reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion
- May help reduce occasional nausea
- Supports overall digestive health
- During a long car ride, diffuse or place a drop in the palm of your hand and inhale
- Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage
- Use in your favorite sweet and savory dishes
- Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
- Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
- Topical use: Apply one to two drops to the desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.